Thank you to https://nooryak.wordpress.com/ for the Liebster nomination!
This is my second Liebster nomination!
Here are my answers to Nooryak’s 10 questions:
1. Did you always know that you were going to write? Yes and no. I always loved writing as a child and wanted to be a writer or journalist. However, being raised in a first generation Canadian-born family, choosing a practical profession was a “must”, not a choice. Regardless, I always knew that writing would be a part of my life.
2. A personality trait you want to change in yourself? I am an “observer” who spends more time assessing people and situations than being a “Chatty Kathy” so it would be nice to be a little more outgoing.
3. What do you feel most confident about? That’s a hard one. It would probably be that I am good at getting things done for others when they need help to get something done.
4. What is your all time favorite book? As a kid, my favorite book was The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I would re-read it every summer in elementary school. Now that I think of it, maybe I will find my old copy and take it with me on my next vacation!
5. Which person do you cherish the most in this world? Well, I cherish my entire family and extended family. As the saying goes, “family first”.
6. What are the things are you thankful for in life? The love and support of a great family, good health and a job that allows me a certain degree of work-life balance.
7. If you had a super power, what would it be? Ha! That’s an easy one. I would pick a combination of time travel and time manipulation. The power to change the past or visit the future would be cool.
8. Your idea of a perfect holiday? A perfect holiday is simply being off the clock and taking the day as it comes, doing nothing or everything. A day at the beach or pool in a hot place with a good book, a ride on a local bus to see the sights…I know that it is a good holiday when I don’t remember what day it is.
9. Where do you see yourself in next 10 years? Location-wise, I see myself right where I am now – I love Montreal and have no plans of ever moving, even with the ongoing political situation. Career-wise, I see myself working less at my day job and trying to make more of a living doing what I truly love, which is writing. Maybe a novel or two?
10. What do you want to do as a professional? Though I already have a profession, it would be a dream to be a novelist.
To pass along the “love”, I am nominating 10 bloggers who I have been following and have not nominated before:
And here are my questions for the 10 Liebster nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Besides your children and/or significant other, what has been your greatest accomplishment in life, big or small?
3. What is the most exotic destination you have been to or plan on going to?
4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
5. What is the greatest tip you have learned from another blogger?
6. If you could be the main character of a book or movie, who would you be?
7. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
8. What is the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for you?
9. What piece of advice did you receive when you were younger, did not believe and now believe to be 100%e true?
10. Take-out or home-cooked meal?
Now here are the rules for the 10 nominees above:
* Each nominee must have under 200 followers.
* Thank and link to the nominating blog.
* Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees.
* Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated.
* Write a post containing the questions.
* Include these rules in the post
Since I have been nominated twice, please share the “love” by discovering and encouraging other bloggers out there!
©2015 Marquessa Matthews