No, no, no.
Not that kind of grass!
A fellow blogger posted about First World Problems and that made me to think about the things that I should remember to be grateful for during my occasional bouts of admiring how lush other people’s grass appear to be.
I count my blessings but not on a daily basis. Being human, I tend to forget as the stresses of the day roll on and on. But there are lots of little things that constantly remind me of how grateful I should be.
For me and like for many others, I think that “good health”, “the love of family” and “faith” are the basis of everything in life so this 5 point “gratitude” post, the first of several to come, will not mention those usual suspects.
Here are the top 5 for which I am grateful when it comes to “work-life”:
1. I have a job that pays the bills and keeps me financially stable;
2. It takes me less than 10 minutes by car to get to my office. Yes, I could probably walk but I won’t. I definitely don’t miss the days of the daily commute downtown on overcrowded buses;
3. Teleworking is permitted and this flexibility is priceless, especially when a snowstorm hits or it’s minus 30 Celsius and the car refuses to start. It also doesn’t hurt that I have a fantastic boss who sits at a desk right next to me;
4. My office is near everything – malls, banks, grocery stores, library, bookstores, coffee shops, and restaurants. Running an errand on a lunch break or scheduling an appointment that I can get to within 10 minutes of leaving work frees up time on the weekends;
5. I enjoy the fact that my office was built on the exact same location of what used to be the city’s old library, a place where I used to spend so much time over 24 years ago, maxing out my book limit on a regular basis. Coincidence or fate? Who knows. But it’s a memory that makes me smile each and every time I walk through those office doors.
Whether it be taking care of your family and running your household or clocking in at 9-5 office, what are you grateful for when it comes to your “job”?
©2015 Marquessa Matthews. All Rights Reserved.