I’ve done a lot of cruising but I don’t consider myself as any kind of expert cruiser because there is always some new tip to learn.
However, I do have a number of tried and true tips and tricks I’ve picked up from other cruisers/travelers over the years that I’ll probably share in a future post.
But for today’s post, here is my short list of things you should do at least once while cruising:
1. Buy a sail-away drink and wave like you’re in an episode of the Love Boat;
2. People watch in the Piazza as you have a coffee and/or lunch in the International Cafe;
3. Grab some popcorn and watch a Movie Under the Stars;
4. Request breakfast room service the night before, get up early, throw on your Princess robe and watch the sun rise as you eat on your balcony;
5. At every opportunity in the dining room, indulge in meals you wouldn’t order at a restaurant at home. Better yet, make sure that it’s a main that sounds expensive and/or that you can barely pronounce;
6. If you can’t make a choice between two main dishes (refer to #5), choose both. And if you are worried about looking like a pig, request “no sides” on one of the plates; and
7. If the possibility of a balcony or mini-suite is within your budget, do it but beware, if you do this, you’ll never be happy with an ocean view/interior cabin for a future cruise.
Image and content ©2016 Marquessa Matthews. All Rights Reserved.