Photo credit: Foter.com
Katie is “real”.
At least that’s what I’m getting from some of your comments. Dealing with a medical diagnosis, feeling alone in the world and slipping into a dark place with a desire to give up…
And if you don’t have an affinity to Katie, for some of you, maybe Hawaii is “real” for you.
I’ve tried to quietly weave some of my own Hawaian island experiences into the story and if you’ve been, hopefully they have got you reminiscing about your own travels.
When I started writing “Living To Die” as my A to Z Challenge project, my goal was to step away from writing the romantic stories to which I always gravitate.
I wanted to tackle a more serious story and explore questions and thoughts we have all had at one point in our lives:
- If you had less than 24 months to live, what would you do?
- Would you give up and wait to die or would you tackle everything on your bucket list?
- Would you tell anyone or would you keep it to yourself?
- What regrets would you have about the life you had led or the things you had done?
- And if you had finally met the perfect man/woman, would you even bother to open up your “dying” heart to them?
These are all questions that Katie is thinking about…
In the coming months, I’ll be revising this story into a novelette/novella and all those who sign up for my mailing list HERE will receive a FREE COPY.
I would for you to sign up since I’m trying to build my email list.
Enjoy your Easter weekend with family and friends!