Repost from September 2015: This was in response to Day #2 prompt, Write A List, for a WP assignment – I took a slightly different angle. In the future, I may write a post for each one of these points.
A List of the Top Ten Things I Learned Before I Was 10 (And Then Spent Years Unlearning):
1. You can’t be smart and pretty at the same time – make a choice and move on;
2. Only blond-haired blue-eyed girls are pretty;
3. Everyone else’s feelings are more important than yours;
4. When you share your passion for something and you’re laughed at for it, don’t ever “share” again;
5. You’re a geek if you enjoy reading lots of books or prefer books to “hanging out” doing nothing with people;
6. If someone has negative things to say about you, believe them because it must be true;
7. When your instincts tell you that a situation doesn’t feel right, keep it to yourself;
8. Do what is expected and you will eventually learn to live with it;
9. Crying is a sign of total weakness that gets you nowhere – just suck it up; and
10. If you do the same thing over and over again, maybe you’ll get a different result.
What were some of the “truths” you “unlearned” as an adult?
©2015 Marquessa Matthews. All Rights Reserved.