Are you up for the challenge? Of course you are!
Tomorrow is the start of #FictionFriday (#MarquessaChallenge) where I’ll be posting a song lyric as a writing prompt for Fridays in September.
You can use the lyric I post, use another lyric from the song or create a piece that speaks the essence of the song. Flash fiction, regular fiction, poem, what you want to do is up to you!
You could even use the prompt in a fiction piece you are currently working on and take the opportunity for other readers to develop an interest in your work/blog.
Or if you already feature your own #FictionFriday, you could drop your link.
If you take the challenge, please pingback to the appropriate Friday post or drop your link in the comment box.
I know that you may be wondering why I am doing this so I’ll lay it out for you:
- For fun. I no longer have time to do blog hop/link drop events so I thought that this idea would be fun. If it doesn’t work, no harm, no fowl, right?
- Lyrics inspire a lot of my writing and I have never ever suffered from writer’s block. The lyrics this month are actually from a notebook with ideas I keep. If you are looking for ideas about what to write, maybe lyrics will inspire you too;
- Filling an empty Friday slot. I have an aversion to “empty” blog space and I’m tired of posting old fiction on Fridays so I’d like to spend time creating a few new short pieces;
- Exposure for you. I’m not sure how I gained the number of followers I currently have but I’m more than happy to offer you an opportunity to share your creations; and
- I would LOVE to read your fiction on Friday and over the weekend!
Again, here is an advance hint at the lyrics for the Fridays in September. I will also repost the lyrics and the video for the song on the appropriate day. If you know fellow writers who would enjoy this challenge, feel free to share!
September 1 – “Every time I think of you, I always catch my breath…”
September 8 – “Payback is a bad bitch…”
September 15 – “In your eyes, I’ve found the missing pieces…”
September 22 – “Don’t pick up the phone. You know that he’s only calling because he’s drunk and alone…”
September 29 – “I would get down on my knees I would do anything for you…” (I wanted to use the main chorus and title as the prompt itself but I chickened out – when I post the song, I think that you’ll see why! 🙂
P.S. For those of you looking for a daily writing challenge in September, sign up for Julie Duffy’s StoryADay Challenge starting tomorrow! Her site is also full of great resources and prompts.
All Rights Reserved ©2017 Marquessa Matthews