On Saturdays like today around 5:00PM Mountain Time, Helen posts a song lyric theme.
Then, the challenge is for you to participate by having fun, rummaging through your music collection and posting lyrics to the song of your choice to fit the theme on Sunday. You could pingback on either her Saturday or the official Sunday post.
Here are the “rules” to Helen’s Song Lyric Sunday Challenge:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
You can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. The important thing is to share your love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
With both of us being music lovers and fiction writers, we’ve decided to cross-promote each other’s challenges during the month of September 2017.
Be sure to bookmark Helen’s blog and let’s have some fun this September!
Keep an eye out for the reblog of her Saturday post shortly…