A little late with Day 10’s prompt but I’m still here.
What am I grateful for?
I am grateful that:
- Though life has been really challenging taking care of my father, I’ve been blessed with his presence for 7 months so far, including Christmas and New Year;
- During this time, my siblings and I, as adults, have been able to have “adult” conversations about shared childhood occurences and memories;
- My siblings and I get along well and work as a unit to get things done;
- After struggling to juggle full-time work and full-time caregiving, I finally listened to others who encouraged me to step away from work; and
- Most importantly, I have been given time to tell and show my father, every day how much he means to me.