*Repost from February 1, 2021*
Update: A big thanks to those who said they may join in! I look forward to it!
If you’ve been around my blog long enough, you know that I enjoy writing challenges.
Not only do they make you to think about things you never considered writing about, they are a great way for your readers to get to know you better.
While I have been doing some journaling offline, I spent most of January perusing and purging my stacks of writing-related “stuff” I have collected since I started writing again: insightful articles, how-to’s on indie publishing, character sketch templates, marketing ideas…below was a small pile of a much larger one.
What does my cleaning up have to do with writing?
Why not take a month’s worth of her questions, write to each question, post them during the month of March 2021 and ask YOU to join in on your own blog?
I think it would be fun and since it’s only February 1, we would all have plenty of time to mull over the questions and/or write them up in advance of March.
And with the craziness that we are all still going through with the pandemic, we could take our minds off of things.
If you decided to join (all the way or just for a few questions), I would ask you tag me/pingback me in your post so that I could go read your post. And if you wanted to join in but don’t have a blog, you could simply drop your response in my comment box under my own post.
If you don’t like a question, you could tweak it to suit yourself or if you’ve already written a similar post to the question, you could simply link back to your previous post.
So, do you want to join me in March 2021?
If your curiosity is piqued, check out the 31 questions further below that anyone/everyone could answer with some forethought. Feel free to encourage your friends to join with you.
Are you ready?
- March 1 – What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- March 2 – Do you have any irrational fears?
- March 3 – Do you believe in magic? When have you felt it?
- March 4 – Are you living your life purpose — or still searching?
- March 5 – What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- March 6 – What are you freakishly good at?
- March 7 – What was your very first job?
- March 8 – Do you think you’re currently operating at 100% capacity?
- March 9 – Has a teacher ever changed your life? How so?
- March 10 – Have you ever been genuinely afraid for your physical safety?
- March 11 – Have you ever stolen anything? (Money, candy, hearts, time?)
- March 12 – Have you ever unplugged from the Internet for more than a week?
- March 13 – How do you engage with panhandlers on the street?
- March 14 – How do you reign in self-critical voices?
- March 15 – If you could choose your own life obstacles, would you keep the ones you have?
- March 16 – If you could sit down with your 15-year old self, what would you tell him or her?
- March 17 – What are you an expert on? Is it because of training, lived experience, or both?
- March 18 – What do you value most: free time, recognition, or money?
- March 19 – What’s in your fridge, right this moment?
- March 20 – What’s one mistake you keep repeating (and repeating)?
- March 21 – What’s something you’ve tried, that you’ll never, ever try again?
- March 22 – What’s your personal anthem or theme song?
- March 23 – What’s your recipe for recuperating from extreme heartbreak?
- March 24 – When you see peers / competitors getting things you want, how do you react?
- March 25 – Where & when do you get your best ideas?
- March 26 – Would you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
- March 27 – Would you rather have a live-in massage therapist, or a live-in chef?
- March 28 – Do you have a morning ritual?
- March 29 – What’s the most out-of-character choice you’ve ever made?
- March 30 – What’s your most urgent priority for the rest of the year?
- March 31 – What are you most grateful for, right now, in this moment?
So, are you ready to get writing?
I’ve started to think about answers to these and they are giving me food for thought. 🙂
Note: Feel free to check out Alexandra Franzen’s site for yourself, if you like. I am simply sharing her site with you because I think she has a bunch of interesting articles, great free workbooks and a newsletter that I signed up for. I am not “affiliated” to her site in any way, financial or otherwise.
@whatsandrathinks @cyranny @kphoenix1