Be inspired and write!
The #LyricalFictionFriday Challenge is easy!
On Thursdays, I post a lyric as prompt with its related video.
Your challenge is to use the prompt, another lyric from the song or whatever inspires you to write a creative non-fiction, fiction, poetry, prose piece. Then, post your work on your blog on Friday and pingback to the original #LyricalFictionFriday Challenge post.
Reading and commenting on other writer’s posts is key to networking and getting feedback so be sure to read what others have posted on their blogs.
This challenge is not about increasing numbers, it’s about making new friends!
Don’t forget that:
- Your piece can be as long or as short as you want;
- The genre is up to you;
- You can “re-purpose” previous works of fiction if you can’t create a new piece for the week’s prompt;
- If you don’t like the week’s prompt, feel free to choose a previous prompt as long as you pingback to the correct post;
- The upcoming lyrics are posted on the Page if you would like an advance peek.
I’m looking forward to the beautiful creations!
Enjoy and write on!
Below are the upcoming prompts.
- Jan 4: “…I’m living in an empty room, with all the windows smashed…”
- Jan 11: “…He’s only happy hysterical …I’m waiting for some kind of miracle…”
- Jan 18: “…Your cocoa skin against mine…Is all I need to help revive me…”
- Jan 25: “…I’m trying to erase you from my mind …you’re my religion and my belief…”
- Feb 1: ” …There are some things I won’t do…I don’t ever want to leave you confused… “
- Feb 8: “…I met this girl…she ruined my philosophy…my heart skips a beat when she comes around…”
- Feb 15: “I know you lie…’cause your lips are movin’…talking circles with your tongue…”
- Feb 22: “…6:00 in the morning yawning and laying down next to you…”
February 22, 2018 will be the last Lyrical Fiction Friday. I thank all those who have been participating for providing great stories and networking with other fellow writers!
- September 1 – “Every time I think of you, I always catch my breath…”
- September 8 – “Payback is a bad bitch…”
- September 15 – “In your eyes, I’ve found the missing pieces…”
- September 22 – “Don’t pick up the phone. You know that he’s only calling because he’s drunk and alone…”
- September 29 – “I would get down on my knees I would do anything for you…”
- October 6: “I’ve been all around the world and as a matter of fact…there’s only one place left I wanna go…”
- October 13: “Shut up and put your money where your mouth is…”
- October 20: “When we’re together, we never fight…we’ve got better things to do tonight…”
- October 27: “…You better have your hair weave strapped on tight…”
- November 2: “With the touch of your hand, you start a fire burning…”
- November 9: “God knows I never meant to hurt you…I never meant take it that far…”
- November 16: “…You get better looking with every year…your sexual peak, your full figure physique…”
- November 23: “Don’t look for what you don’t want to find…
- November 30: “You gotta get up off that grey line…I’ll guarantee they’ll fall in line…”
- December 7: “It makes no sense to be falling…you’ve got her, I’ve got him, should not even be calling…”
- December 14: “I think it’s so sweet…how you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me…”
- December 21: “I’m locked and loaded…completely focused…my mind is open…”
- December 28: “He looks like a cool drink of water but he’s candy-coated misery…”
*I’m partnering with the following lovely blogger-writers who are promoting my Lyrical Fiction Friday Challenge as I cross-promote their respective challenges:
- Helen’s Song Lyric Sunday Challenge on Sundays at This Thing Called Life One Word At A Time; and
- Nortina’s One Minute Fiction Challenge on Mondays at Lovely Curses.
Be sure to check out their blogs, have some fun by participating strong and making a few new friends!*
All Rights Reserved ©2017-2018 Marquessa Matthews