For many of us, song lyrics inspire our fiction writing. Get inspired and join in!
The #LyricalFictionFriday Challenge is easy!
Each Thursday, I post a lyric as prompt with its video and your challenge is write a fiction piece to post on Fridays or whenever is good for you.
Feel free to use the prompt, another lyric from the song or whatever you are inspired to write!
I’m looking forward to the beautiful creations you come up with and if you would like to suggest a lyric as a future prompt, feel free to drop your suggestion and a link to its YouTube video in the comment box.
Enjoy and write on!
Below are the upcoming prompts.
- September 1 – “Every time I think of you, I always catch my breath…”
- September 8 – “Payback is a bad bitch…”
- September 15 – “In your eyes, I’ve found the missing pieces…”
- September 22 – “Don’t pick up the phone. You know that he’s only calling because he’s drunk and alone…”
- September 29 – “I would get down on my knees I would do anything for you…”
- October 6: “I’ve been all around the world and as a matter of fact…there’s only one place left I wanna go…”
- October 13: “Shut up and put your money where your mouth is…”
- October 20: “When we’re together, we never fight…we’ve got better things to do tonight…”
- October 27: “…You better have your hair weave strapped on tight…”
- November 2: “With the touch of your hand, you start a fire burning…”
- November 9: “God knows I never meant to hurt you…I never meant take it that far…”
- November 16: “…You get better looking with every year…your sexual peak, your full figure physique…”
- November 23: “Don’t look for what you don’t want to find…
- November 30: “You gotta get up off that grey line…I’ll guarantee they’ll fall in line…”
- December 7: “It makes no sense to be falling…you’ve got her, I’ve got him, should not even be calling…”
- December 14: “I think it’s so sweet…how you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me…”
- December 21: “I’m locked and loaded…completely focused…my mind is open…”
- December 28: “He looks like a cool drink of water but he’s candy-coated misery…”
January 2018 – TBD
All Rights Reserved ©2017 Marquessa Matthews
Presently, I’m partnering with the following lovely blogger-writers who are promoting my Lyrical Fiction Friday Challenge as I cross-promote their respective challenges:
Helen’s Song Lyric Sunday Challenge on Sundays at This Thing Called Life One Word At A Time; and
Nortina’s One Minute Fiction Challenge on Mondays at Lovely Curses.
Be sure to check out their blogs, have some fun by participating strong and making a few new friends!