Will you join in on the song lyric fiction Friday #MarquessaChallenge?
For many of us, songs and their lyrics inspire our fiction writing. So why not challenge yourself to write a fiction piece based on a song lyric every week?
The #MarquessaChallenge is easy.
Each Thursday, I post a song lyric as a prompt and your challenge is write a fiction piece to post on Fridays (or a day that is convenient for you). If you don’t like the lyric, you can use another lyric from the song or you can simply write whatever inspires you – you don’t need to use the exact lyric word for word.
Flash fiction, regular fiction, poem, prose…the choice is yours!
Here are the rules:
- Post your fiction piece on your own blog
- Tag your piece with #marquessachallenge so that others can find your story in the WP Reader, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Pingback to the posted weekly prompt in your fiction piece and drop a link to your post in the comment box of the weekly prompt
- Visit, read and comment on the other participant contributions by using the #marquessachallenge
- Tag a fiction writing friend if you like
I’m looking forward to the beautiful creations you come up with!
And if you would like to suggest a song lyric, I am open to suggestions – please drop them in the comments.
- September 1 – “Every time I think of you, I always catch my breath…”
- September 8 – “Payback is a bad bitch…”
- September 15 – “In your eyes, I’ve found the missing pieces…”
- September 22 – “Don’t pick up the phone. You know that he’s only calling because he’s drunk and alone…”
- September 29 – “I would get down on my knees I would do anything for you…”
- October 6: “I’ve been all around the world and as a matter of fact…there’s only one place left I wanna go…”
- October 13: “Shut up and put your money where your mouth is…”
- October 20: “When we’re together, we never fight…we’ve got better things to do tonight…”
- October 27: “…You better have your hair weave strapped on tight…”
- November 2: “With the touch of your hand, you start a fire burning…”
- November 9: “God knows I never meant to hurt you…I never meant take it that far…”
- November 16: “…You get better looking with every year…your sexual peak, your full figure physique…”
- November 23: “Don’t look for what you don’t want to find…
- November 30: “You gotta get up off that grey line…I’ll guarantee they’ll fall in line…”
- December 7: “It makes no sense to be falling…you’ve got her, I’ve got him, should not even be calling…”
- December 14: “I think it’s so sweet…how you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me…”
- December 21: “I’m locked and loaded…completely focused…my mind is open…”
- December 28: “He looks like a cool drink of water but he’s candy-coated misery…”
- To be determined – I’m open to suggestions
Enjoy and write on!
All Rights Reserved ©2017 Marquessa Matthews