Photo credit: Foter.com
The good thing about my novella editing go off-track is that instead of getting all huffy, puffy and frustrated about it this time, I made a conscious choice to not get all huffy, puffy and frustrated.
Instead, I’ve been reminding myself that I’ve made strides doing other things:
- After rolling around ideas for this November’s Nanowrimo, I’m settling on either following-up on the “Living To Die” story or writin two short stories to serve as “introductions” to Delaney and Ella since you like those character (that’s code for “I need to make up my mind”);
- I accomplished a few more items from my 52/52 list (offline) and will be jumping into #TribeTuesdayWPChallenge;
- I’ve tackled some postponed and boring household tasks to clear a better path to creativity during November;
- My featured posts are set up until end of December 2017;
- I’m cross-promoting with Helen with her #SongLyricSunday at This Thing Called Life One Word At A Time and will likely have another cross-promotion with a talented writer very soon (Nortina from Lovely Curses); and
- I’ve written 12 new short fiction pieces due to my #MarquessaChallenge!
So instead of looking at my editing delays as a “problem”, I’m shifting my view to see them as “OPPORTUNITIES”.
Being all blogged up leaves me with one place to go…
All Rights Reserved ©2017 Marquessa Matthews